Tuesday, March 8, 2011

March 7th, 2011

"Even when someone tells you the love you, inside you say to yourself, Yes, but you don't know the whole truth about me. You might not say these things if you really knew...Knowing and being known go to the core of life: You cannot be fully loved if you are not fully known. You can only be loved to the extent that you are known. You can only be completely loved if you are completely known."

This was on my daily calendar called "The life you've always wanted" by John Ortberg. I picked it up for free on the "free" MOPS table and have been using it the last couple of days. The quote resinated with me. Some people would know why automatically, others would wonder. In my life, always, I've been a truth seeker. I'm not perfect, which means I'm not always completely honest, but my ability to lie is about nil. I just don't have it in me. Sure, I can lie, anyone can lie, I just don't like to and I've never been very good at it. I'm pretty sure my mom knew just about every bad thing I did as a teenager, regardless of my lies.

Anyhow, being a truth seeker and someone who HATES lies and etc. I have always been as honest and forthright as I can be. In that, I'm honest to a fault. People do NOT always want to hear the truth, whether its fact, or your truth (or opinion). Mostly people get annoyed and feel put off like your a pesimist or judgemental. Biologically, my aunt, who I love dearly is very much like this to. Being a truth seeker in this world, can be your death sentence. So for me, someone who is honest to a fault, its also the way that I deal with "love" and being "loved".

Being honest with those around me about who I am and what I feel has always been important to me. Maybe because I wasnt allowed to express myself as a young child or because God called me to greater things I just havent found yet. Regardless, I can't help it. And just like anyone else, there are things, sins, I have commited that I have questioned why anyone would love me. And then there are times where I feel alone and wonder if anyone really understands who I am. So this quote made me think, thats me. Right there smack dab on a peice of paper....honest to a fault and letting people know me, so that they can love me. Weird, I know.

I also however realize that I am loved. My husband loves me, my boys love me, my dog loves me, however pets can love. That I have sprinkled family who also love me throughout and for that I am grateful. I am not everyone's cup of tea, but for those who know me, and love me for who I am...I am grateful. I'm just like everyone else, searching for relationships that are meaningful and going through life one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment